Close Gaps in Controlled Substance Management and Accountability
How effectively are you tracking controlled substances between the pharmacy and patient care units? The Omnicell XT Controlled Substance Manager (CSM) improves management of controlled substances throughout the hospital. It integrates with the Omnicell XT and AcuDose-Rx Automated Dispensing Cabinets, providing perpetual controlled substance inventory management and an automated audit trail.
- Addresses the challenges of managing controlled substance inventory, helping the pharmacy comply with regulatory standards while increasing efficiency
- Protects patient safety and reduces hospital liability by providing full accountability of drug movement from wholesalers, to the pharmacy and patient care areas, and back to the pharmacy
This solution can be used with secured cabinets, refrigerators, and shelving within secured vaults. Omnicell XT Series Automated Dispensing Cabinets offer greater capacity, so you can maximise narcotic storage in a small footprint. Its advanced fingerprint bioID system helps reduce the risk of drug diversion in the pharmacy.
"The CSM technology allows me to feel much more comfortable that every single dose has been accounted for, whether it is returned, whether it is administered, whether it is wasted."
Brad Swiggart, Director of Pharmacy, Germantown Methodist Hospital, Philadelphia, United States
Streamlines systemwide controlled substance inventory demands to a single purchasing platform for an enterprise view of inventory usage and medication expenditures
Improves the accuracy of medication costs and drug information introduced into the system through automated receiving
Ensures an accurate and timely process for dispensing controlled substances throughout the hospital
Supports compliance with regulatory standards—maintains complete audit trail to ease discrepancy resolution
Electronic Ordering and Receiving
- Provides direct Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS) order processing and associated audit trail compliance
- Enables electronic controlled substance ordering based on established par levels and reorder points, to reduce stockouts and delays to patient therapy
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels across your system with sitewide ordering and receiving
Efficient Means of Compliance
- Shared database with Omnicell automated dispensing systems provides consistent patient, user, and formulary information, streamlining daily database maintenance
- Controlled substances placed in External Return Bins are queued in Controlled Substance Manager as pending transactions, closing the loop on returns and streamlining return processing
- Barcode support for all functions: receipt, issue, return, and waste of medications
- Audit-ready transaction reports of varying levels of detail are available
- Reports may be reviewed on screen, scheduled, emailed, printed, or exported to an electronic file
Closed-Loop Restocking for AcuDose-Rx Cabinets
XT Controlled Substance Manager is available for AcuDose-Rx® Automated Dispensing Cabinets, providing a closed-loop restocking process.